- Presented over 90 academic papers around the world.
- Published over 30 refereed journal articles and book chapters in three different languages: English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Over 1,500 citations in Google Scholar.
- Collaborates in research projects externally funded totaling over $6,000,000.
- Secured over $200,000 of funds generated by internal grants and external contracts.
- Work has been featured on the Today Show; Fox News and HuffPost, among other media outlets.
- Awarded 2016 Outstanding Research and Theory Division-Sponsored Accepted Proposal by the Association for Educational Communications and Technology Division of Research & Theory
- Received 2014 Best Journal Article Award from the Association for Educational Communications and Technology Division of Design and Development.
- Received 2013 Best Journal Article Award from the Association for Educational Communications and Technology Division of Distance Learning.
- Received Outstanding Paper Award at the 2011 ED-MEDIA World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Led the Learning Design Research Group, a research group dedicated to explore learning design processes and pedagogies necessary to create engaging learning experiences and environments for different contexts and audiences at Iowa State University.
- Associate Professor of Learning Technologies in the department of Educational Studies with the College of Education and Human Ecology at the Ohio State University.
- Is the Program Faculty Coordinator for Ohio State Masters of Learning Technologies.
- Redesigns and teaches courses to meet graduate students’ evolving programmatic needs.
- Advises graduate students.
- Was awarded the 2015 Association for Educational Communications and Technology Division of Distance Learning Best Practice on “Peer Facilitation of Online Discussions.”
- Has given invited presentations, panels and workshops at national and international meetings.
- Has editorial responsibilities in 14 different national and international journals.
- Serves as the Program Chair for the American Educational Research Association Special Interest Group in Online Teaching and Learning.
- Is a member of Distance Education Editorial Board.
- Is a member of Educational Technology Research & Development Editorial Board (2016-2018).
- Is an active contributor to the Association for Educational Communications and Technology, serving as President (2011-2013) for the Research and Theory Division.
- Received 2013 Outstanding Service Award from Association for Educational Communications and Technology Research and Theory Division.
- Served as Chair and Program Chair for the American Educational Research Association Special Interest Group in Design and Technology.
- Served as proposal review panel member for the National Science Foundation
Service & Outreach
- Serves as Member of OSU College of Education and Human Ecology International Education Advisory Committee
- Worked on establishing strong partnerships between the Iowa State University and local organizations and communities, especially through Learning Design Solutions.
- Created educational solutions to serve the community as part of her courses.